This is the 2000 vintage of Lagavulin's Distillers Edition, bottled in 2016. By far the most popular of the series, this double-matured Lagavulin has had a finishing period in sweet, sticky Pedro Xim?nez sherry casks. A whisky that never disappoints.
- Each Distillers Edition expression undergoes a second (or 'double') maturation in casks that have previously held a fortified wine
- A really distinctive and distinguished dram, full of peat
- The Pedro Ximinez sherry wood naturally has a big say
- A more mellow Lagavulin, not quite as deep or intense as the 16 year old
- Works in an extraordinary way with intensely flavoured salty blue cheeses